Author Topic: 3D view and missing shortcut  (Read 1569 times)

Hello!
I used to work with substance designer 2.5, and it was pretty easy to edit gradients and deleting nodes because just dragging them down would delete the color node in the gradient. In substance 4.4 I'm not able to do that, I have to remove them by pressing the "X" button, wich is kind of annoying, as you can see in the image below.

About 3D view, I usually don't use it in my workflow, how can I avoid the window from opening again everytime I load a substance file? Maybe if I could save a default Layout it would solve this problem.

Thanks!

Hello!
I used to work with substance designer 2.5, and it was pretty easy to edit gradients and deleting nodes because just dragging them down would delete the color node in the gradient. In substance 4.4 I'm not able to do that, I have to remove them by pressing the "X" button, wich is kind of annoying, as you can see in the image below.

About 3D view, I usually don't use it in my workflow, how can I avoid the window from opening again everytime I load a substance file? Maybe if I could save a default Layout it would solve this problem.

Thanks!

Hello,

In 4.4, you can drag the node up to delete it. I'm not sure why it changed, but dragging up and release when you see the key disappear will work.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Nice! Thank you Wes! Makes sense, since there's lots of buttons below the gradient, dragging it up would decrease the chances of miss clicking.