Author Topic: i need help with a heart shape  (Read 2112 times)

Hi everyone ,

Please if anyone is done with his entry ,I'm running out of time for the contest , i need help with just the starting shape to recreate the heart form carved into the flat surface  shown in picture below  , and how to pull off the smooth Transition in height .

Thank you for your support in advance.

Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 06:34:14 pm

This might help to get you started. It looks like you just need to make half of the heart in order to make all 3 shapes.

I took a Shape node set to Square and plugged it into a Transform 2D set to No Tiling and Offset X: 0.5 Y:0.51.
Then I blended that with a Circle Shape node which I moved to the correct position and set to Add (Linear Dodge) in the Blend.
Transform this by setting to Width -100% and rotating it 270 degrees.
Blend those two shapes together again with Add (Linear Dodge) and Invert.
Make a Polygon 2 node set to Sides 4, Rotation 45 degress, Cruve -1. Gradient 0 and transform that to the bottom corner and Blend Subtract from your other shape.

That should give you 3 shapes as a starting point which you'll want to plug into some tile generators and Slope Blurs/Warps. I set the tile generators to Checker Masked with different rotations and blended them together once more.

As for the smooth transition in height, hopefully someone else can answer. 

This might help to get you started. It looks like you just need to make half of the heart in order to make all 3 shapes.

I took a Shape node set to Square and plugged it into a Transform 2D set to No Tiling and Offset X: 0.5 Y:0.51.
Then I blended that with a Circle Shape node which I moved to the correct position and set to Add (Linear Dodge) in the Blend.
Transform this by setting to Width -100% and rotating it 270 degrees.
Blend those two shapes together again with Add (Linear Dodge) and Invert.
Make a Polygon 2 node set to Sides 4, Rotation 45 degress, Cruve -1. Gradient 0 and transform that to the bottom corner and Blend Subtract from your other shape.

That should give you 3 shapes as a starting point which you'll want to plug into some tile generators and Slope Blurs/Warps. I set the tile generators to Checker Masked with different rotations and blended them together once more.

As for the smooth transition in height, hopefully someone else can answer. 

Hi CptQwark,

i can't thank you enough for your help and support much appreciated , that's a great starting point .
still one thing to pull off the overall shape which is the wavy endings of the heart shape on the sides and the smooth transition in height from the flat surface towards the botom of the heart shape  ,what i mean is highlighted with red in picture below , 

Thank you.
Best regards,
Carter.