Author Topic: Help with brick pattern?  (Read 965 times)

OK, I got a brick pattern I’m trying to make. I played around for 1 hour and couldn’t get anything started. This is based off a pattern from my grandma’s sidewalk. There’s two brick shapes, rectangle and square. I wouldn’t think this would be very difficult.

1 row: square
2 row: rectangle horizontal
3 row: rectangle vertical
4 row: rectangle horizontal
5 row: rectangle vertical
6 row: rectangle horizontal

Then of course this would repeat and it would have square bricks underneath row 6. Any idea how I could make that?

Any way you can post an image of the brick or even a sketch of it?  I think the key is to figure out if this is something a brick generator will make, or if it's a pattern to create and then tile with one of the safe tiling nodes.

Any way you can post an image of the brick or even a sketch of it?  I think the key is to figure out if this is something a brick generator will make, or if it's a pattern to create and then tile with one of the safe tiling nodes.
yeah, I can get a picture. I don’t think this is possible with brick generator.

This would be my approach.

I turned off tiling in the transform nodes and use max as blend mode for the blending nodes.
Esger van der Post.
Texturing addict.

Here’s a photo.

This would be my approach.

I turned off tiling in the transform nodes and use max as blend mode for the blending nodes.
This helped, can't get my scaling and spacing like I want yet ,but this has got me started.

Not sure if this would be of any use to you, but you can increase the number of pattern inputs on the tile generator node, and then change the pattern input distribution to By Pattern Number.