Author Topic: How to use ID Mask in Painter?  (Read 26049 times)

Hi

I see i could import a Color ID mask like in Designer, but i have no idea how i could use it.
Or is that ID Mask for something different in Painter?
Any help would be nice.

Regards Malo

Hi

I see i could import a Color ID mask like in Designer, but i have no idea how i could use it.
Or is that ID Mask for something different in Painter?
Any help would be nice.

Regards Malo

Hi Malo,

Currently, its not as robust as in SD but it works similarly. Starting with the default mesh, create a new layer and add a black mask to that layer. Now, add a Substance Effect to the mask and choose the color ID. Be sure you have the mask selected first before adding the effect.

The Color ID will show up to 16 materials and you can enable/disable materials using the on/off buttons. So be default, the first material is on "Enable_Material_1."  Below the enable buttons, you'll see a corresponding color swatch for Material_1. The color swatch value is where you will set the color in the color ID map. If you look at the document settings for the default scene, you will see a map under Additional Maps called cymourai_id. The Material_1 value defaults to red (1.0, 0, 0) and in this case is picking the corresponding red color in the id map. You can see in the mask, that this makes the red portions of the ID now unmasked and the other material IDs masked. With this setup, you now can paint only on material 1. The color ID is a quick method for creating a mask for a particular layer. 

However, in this current build, you can't use a color picker to pick the color. You have to manually enter the values which is not ideal. This will be addressed.

Cheers,

Wes

Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Thanks a lot.
Got it to work.