Author Topic: Modo to Painter Texture Sets  (Read 2131 times)

Hi,
I'm trying to import fbx models with different materials and UV sets in painter, exported from Modo 801. I made a simple cylinder with two materials and two UV maps, one for each material. When I import this in painter it detects two texture sets, but only one of them has got the UVs visible in the 2D viewport. I exported this same model to substance designer and both materials and UV sets are read correctly. Is there any known issue with this? It works fine in painter when both materials shares the same UV.
Thanks,
Javier.

Looks like a problem when exporting multiple UVs that share points, so it's not a problem in substance painter/designer but in the exported fbx.

Looks like a problem when exporting multiple UVs that share points, so it's not a problem in substance painter/designer but in the exported fbx.

Hi Javier,

Thanks for reporting. It looks like it could be an issue with Modo FBX as you mentioned. I exported a multiple material mesh where each mesh part as a separate UV set. Each mesh part as 2 UV sets, the first for painting and the 2nd for lightmaps. Painter will use the first UV set. This example exported out of Modo without issue.

As for your example, it should work as you described. I can do the same setup from Maya and it works. So, you don't need to have multiple mesh layers each with a different UV set. The Textures sets in Painter will be created from the material IDs with the assigned UVs.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi Wes,
thanks for your reply. I filled a bug report through my Modo user account  but haven't got any answer yet.
Best regards,
Javier.