Author Topic: Paint across seams of texture sets.  (Read 23068 times)

Thanks for the reply.
As I suspected, there where two different meshes, one with multiple material IDs and one without.

I can see the performance (and indeed the specification) problems with painting across multiple uv sets.

I'm suggesting a solution to a different and simpler problem - how to paint across multiple material IDs on a single UV set, which is almost, but not quite, what's happening in the demo video.

While recognising the value to some workflows of the way you're doing it at the moment, I am suggesting (at its very simplest) an optional alternate operating mode where you have only one set of materials (or maybe one per UV map, whichever is easiest), rather than one per material ID, so that we can paint across materials what are within the same UV map.  No performance hit or difficult calculations, because there is only one set of 2k+ materials.

If you could then make the material IDs available as masks, then for example that demo video wouldn't require two meshes with different material IDs, and wouldn't require the tutor to have switched to Substance Designer to bake the masks.

Simply, I want to do what that training video does, but without having to strip out the material IDs from the mesh first.

Kind regards,
Epi

Doing all that without having to use an external tool is planned :)

Simply, I want to do what that training video does, but without having to strip out the material IDs from the mesh first.
Which video was that in? I watched all of the videos, but I don't remember which one had that.

Which video was that in? I watched all of the videos, but I don't remember which one had that.

It was the 6th one - the Project Walkthrough which (on the Allegorithmic youtube channel) is in two parts.  I'm not sure both parts were on this site.

It was the 6th one - the Project Walkthrough which (on the Allegorithmic youtube channel) is in two parts.  I'm not sure both parts were on this site.
Ah ok. Thanks. :)