Author Topic: Materialize contest: felt acoustic panels  (Read 10970 times)

Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 04:00:31 am

Very cool! Already looking very much like the reference.

Very cool! Already looking very much like the reference.
thanks Käy, your substance is also 10/10 hands up )
Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 09:08:37 pm

Looks good... however have you visited the product store? The panels look more like pulled fabric.

Looks good... however have you visited the product store? The panels look more like pulled fabric.
at first look I also thought the same(due to the poor quality of the photos), but it's a hot-moulded polyester form felt ,take a closer look at the darker panels

I should make them less fuzzy anyway.
something like this
Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 06:13:21 pm

upd: removed previous versions, the most actual ones are added to the opening post.
Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 03:06:09 am

still not happy with the color, but I have some ideas allready (=

I'm really loving the coloring on those bottom 2 (the purple and mocha colored ones)
Do you make adjustments to your specular per felt color? Because those purple ones in particular have a very satisfying sheen to them.

I'm really loving the coloring on those bottom 2 (the purple and mocha colored ones)
Do you make adjustments to your specular per felt color? Because those purple ones in particular have a very satisfying sheen to them.
Sheen is same in all of those pics, but it becomes more noticeable on a darker surface, try to make same material with darker and lighter color and you will notice how it works (=
Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 08:42:34 pm

I guess this version of albedo is final(who knows(=)

Impressive stuff! Looks spot on.

Impressive stuff! Looks spot on.
very nice of you, thanks)

more love to the surface, exposed all functionality. I will be back couple more times with not soaped eyes and it's done =)

indigo denim color= <3

which one is better btw?
Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 07:20:43 am

I prefer the 2nd of the blue renders.

On a side note it would be interesting to see some different shapes on the tiles.

I prefer the 2nd of the blue renders.

On a side note it would be interesting to see some different shapes on the tiles.
nice idea, I can add some shapes to play with for the final release :P