Author Topic: UE4.3 and the Substance Plugin  (Read 11261 times)

Come on guys and push that plugin out. I'm downloading official 4.3 this very minute and want to get testing!!!!

Hello!

The plugin is available here:
http://www.allegorithmic.com/substance-ue4

This version will work directly with 4.3 , you just extract to your project folder

Nice!! Thanks for all your hard work getting this integrated, it is much appreciated! :)

Nice! Full integration! No more need to mess around with the source code (even though i didn't. I'm not a programmer)

hi guys, apologies if the question is dumb, but can you elaborate on how to "point to the project"? thanks!

Hi saavedraerwin,

Find the location of your Unreal Project on your computer. The default location is saved in "Documents/Unreal Projects" on both Windows and Mac. You will know when you find your project folder because there will be a file called <YourProject>.uproject . Place the zip file in this directory and extract it, and you should be up and running! If you still have any problems with the steps let me know.

hi josh, it works!! thanks. i need to unzip the plugin into each new project. the problem was that i thought the plugin was installed just once into the engine. got it now, thanks!!!

Great new plugin  8). Everything is working fine in the editor. But not when packaging. What am I doing wrong?

When I'm running the packaged game I'm getting at start screen:

Plugin 'Substance' failed to load because module 'SubstanceCore' could not be found. This plugin's functionality will not be available. Please ensure the plugin is properly installed, otherwise consider disabling the plugin for this project.

I extracted as specified in the project folder and everything works in the editor.

If I uncheck "Use PAK File" I can see there is a substance folder in the plugins folder of the packaged game with substance.uplugin in it but no SubstanceCore anywhere.
Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 08:36:58 pm

Hi Steve, let me know if these steps work for you:

1. Do you have C++ Source code in your UE4 project? If so, load your solution file in Visual Studio and proceed to step 7, otherwise keep reading:

2. Load your project in the UE4 Editor
3. Click File -> Add Code to Project
4. Leave "None" Selected and click Next.
5. Leave the fields at default and click Create Class.
6. Click yes when asked if you'd like to edit the code now.

7. Make sure your project configuration is set to "Development."
8. Click Build->Build Solution and wait for your project to compile. It should also compile in the substance library.
9. Close Visual Studio and Reopen your project in the UE4 Editor
10. Click Launch

I know it's more than a few steps, but let me know how it goes!

Hi Josh,

I followed all the steps, it works. Thank you  8)

Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 05:54:36 pm

Will this always be required(in future versions) for getting the plugin to work with packaged builds?

hi guys,

i followed all steps, unfortunately in my case i get a:

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: Couldn't find referenced module 'SubstanceCore'.

any ideas? thanks.

Hi Steve, let me know if these steps work for you:

1. Do you have C++ Source code in your UE4 project? If so, load your solution file in Visual Studio and proceed to step 7, otherwise keep reading:
...I know it's more than a few steps, but let me know how it goes!

This doesn't work when using the Epic launcher and have the IDE installed from there. I haven't tried using source from Github. I hope this get a proper inclusion in a later version of UE4. Because without using the source code, it seems this plugin cannot be included. Also 'shipping' is out of the question too, as it currently only does 32bit. Am I correct in assuming this guys ? :)

Does it supports mobile devices?