Author Topic: Bad Normalmap compression using sbsar directly in Unity!!!  (Read 2397 times)

Is this an error on the implementation of sbsar in Unity? I am getting really bad Normalmap banding when using sbsar directly in unity even using raw format. I have tried everything, both are 8bit, but compared to manual export from designer it looks pretty bad. Here is the comparison, left is manual export. I really want to use the intregration in Unity, but with this quality its not usable. Please help, am I overlooking something?

Is this an error on the implementation of sbsar in Unity? I am getting really bad Normalmap banding when using sbsar directly in unity even using raw format. I have tried everything, both are 8bit, but compared to manual export from designer it looks pretty bad. Here is the comparison, left is manual export. I really want to use the intregration in Unity, but with this quality its not usable. Please help, am I overlooking something?

Hi,

Can you send me the sbs file? If you don't want to post it, you can email me at wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Thx for the reply Wes and thx for looking at it. I have sent the file to you!
Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 06:43:30 pm

Did you get a chance to look at it? Did you find out what the issues is? I never heard anything back?

Did you get a chance to look at it? Did you find out what the issues is? I never heard anything back?

Hi,

I'm so sorry for the late reply. I was on a work trip. I had the files but have misplaced them. Can you please send them to me again and I will be sure to answer ASAP.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

If anyone should wonder what the problem with the bad normalmap compression is, Wes found out that the problem is a limitation of the Unity plugin at this time, which will be fixed sometime next year...
Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 09:31:46 pm