Author Topic: Autosave where the files?And how to configure  (Read 8433 times)

Hello,I would like to know where the backup files are stored?I look in home,my folder allegoritmic.....nothing.
And what's the snooze?

Thanks by advance for your help.
Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 10:27:40 am

Check out our documentation for all the details : https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Autosave
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Thanks I'll look in  in home,my folder Allegorithmic/Substance Painter/autosave

There nothing....

For the moment I'll disable it because  I'll really don't know how it put the backup (and the file are big I'll prefer stop it before it full my HD!)

The backup files will be located in three possible locations :
If the current project has been saved the backups will be next to it.
If the project has never been saved (untitled) the backups will be in the autosave folder in the user's Documents folder. (Documents/Allegorithmic/Substance Painter/autosave)
If the override setting has been enabled the backups will be located in the path given in the settings.
A snooze button is available in the interface to delay the autosave.

Can you explain what's the snooze work?

Thanks by advance for your advices.

Thanks I'll look in  in home,my folder Allegorithmic/Substance Painter/autosave

There nothing....
As explained by the documentation, they are by default sitting next to your projects. Also by default autosave trigger every 30 minutes. Do you see the autosave popup when you are working ?

A snooze button is available in the interface to delay the autosave.

Can you explain what's the snooze work?
Once again, the documentation explains it already : "The snooze button will activate itself when near the end of the timer, allowing to delay the autosave for a few amount of time. "
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

no I'll never see it pop up.

(We can switch to french if that helps you)

Try reducing the autosave interval time and increasing the warning time in the preferences.
Then wait to see if the autosave trigger (you need to have a project open).
-----------