Author Topic: 50 gametextures pbr files not in my account?  (Read 11901 times)

Are these 50 Game Textures non-resolution based, like what the substances are?

As far as I can tell they aren't. When you open them up, it looks like it's just bitmaps plugged into the appropriate slots instead of being made with substances. The only input parameters are the normal type thing (directx or open gl) and normal intensity, so you can't change the number of bricks or anything like that. The bitmaps are 2k resolution at least.

Hi,

These textures are bitmaps that have been combined into a substance material. The textures can be resized like a substance, but at the core of the material, the main textures are driven by the bitmaps from GT.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi,

These textures are bitmaps that have been combined into a substance material. The textures can be resized like a substance, but at the core of the material, the main textures are driven by the bitmaps from GT.

Cheers,

Wes
Meaning, the texture will only go as large as the base bitmap, right?

Also, has GameTexture.com though of selling Substance textures?

Hi,

Cheers,

Wes
Meaning, the texture will only go as large as the base bitmap, right?

Also, has GameTexture.com though of selling Substance textures?

Yes, but you can increase the resolution beyond that using the Substance GPU engine. The embedded textures are 2K and it if you go beyond that resolution it will upscale those textures.

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

http://www.renderosity.com/allegorithmic-and-gametextures-com-to-provide-extensive-pbr-material-library-in-substance-cms-17125

says that it would come with the substance painter aswell, i dont see my pbr package, even when i click on the "download the painter here" link. It only gives me the options for the mac and windows open betas...

http://www.renderosity.com/allegorithmic-and-gametextures-com-to-provide-extensive-pbr-material-library-in-substance-cms-17125

says that it would come with the substance painter aswell, i dont see my pbr package, even when i click on the "download the painter here" link. It only gives me the options for the mac and windows open betas...

Yes, we will be offering with Substance Painter as well. I don't think the package for SP is ready just yet.

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

You really are a Substance Ninja, as your subtitle suggests! CUstomer service at half past 11pm.. Jeez :D
Ah, okay, i didnt know there is a difference between the painter and designer packages... wouldnt they both be .sbs?
Thanks for the quick reply, is there any approximation of when this will be done?

They are bitmap textures and not procedural. They have been compiled into a substance material for using the material workflow in Substance Designer, but are they are embedded bitmaps.

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Since they're not procedural, how do they look when you up-scale them?

You said Designer can upscale the textures for you.

You really are a Substance Ninja, as your subtitle suggests! CUstomer service at half past 11pm.. Jeez :D
Ah, okay, i didnt know there is a difference between the painter and designer packages... wouldnt they both be .sbs?
Thanks for the quick reply, is there any approximation of when this will be done?

Thanks : ) I'm always around, hidden in the shadows, but in a non-creepy way of course.

I'm not sure when they will be added to SP, but you can import them manually. Just Import>Substance.

Cheers,

Wes

the3dninja@adobe.com

Since they're not procedural, how do they look when you up-scale them?

You said Designer can upscale the textures for you.

It's not too bad. There is some resolution loss as the textures are scaled. Here is an example. This is a 2K (outlined in white) and 4K version at 100%.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4595383/Allegorithmic/Forums/example.png

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

I'm not sure when they will be added to SP, but you can import them manually. Just Import>Substance.

The problem is, I only have a license for SD3, although I fake the pbr workflow with my own nodes, I cannot download the pbr textures, because I dont get a link for that in the download section.
And I need those, because there is no official pbr chart for the SD renderer.
The quixel chart doesnt help, because i use the roughness workflow and the values from that chart are for a spec/gloss workflow. Also, they look off in SD.

I would be grateful if you could at least provide a chart of some kind to color pick appropriate values for my roughness maps.

Also, wouldnt it be nice to give away the pbr substances for people with SD3 or lower, if they have also SP? Because how it is right now, I cannot properly make a pbr texture in SD for further refinement in SP?

The problem is, I only have a license for SD3, although I fake the pbr workflow with my own nodes, I cannot download the pbr textures, because I dont get a link for that in the download section.
And I need those, because there is no official pbr chart for the SD renderer.
The quixel chart doesnt help, because i use the roughness workflow and the values from that chart are for a spec/gloss workflow. Also, they look off in SD.

I would be grateful if you could at least provide a chart of some kind to color pick appropriate values for my roughness maps.

Also, wouldnt it be nice to give away the pbr substances for people with SD3 or lower, if they have also SP? Because how it is right now, I cannot properly make a pbr texture in SD for further refinement in SP?

Hi,

This chart by Sebastien Lagarde is the best. This is what I use.
http://seblagarde.wordpress.com/2014/04/14/dontnod-physically-based-rendering-chart-for-unreal-engine-4/

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com