Author Topic: Baking Failed when trying to make high poly bakes  (Read 1413 times)

Hello, I'm importing a 3ds max FBX file to Substance Painter 2, I've followed all the correct steps as far as I'm aware, correctly exported with enable smoothing groups, turbo smooth etc. When I try to bake the high poly textures it keeps saying an error message of "Baking Error" yet I'm following all the online tutorials with positive reviews of success. Does anyone have any information that could help?
--
I have tried updating to latest versions on both 3ds max and Substance and still have the same issue :/

I have tried to bake in Painter 2017.3 using your objects, and have encountered no issues. Baking finishes, and everything looks correctly in the viewport.

You might want to post a log file (Help -> Export Log).

Here's my log file, are you able to check it out/help?

Where is it?

Here, sorry.

Please update to Substance Painter 2017.3 and try again. We fixed a lot of bug since Substance Painter 2.6.1.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.