Author Topic: Scripting: Bulk exports ending in a crash of painter or slowdown  (Read 1449 times)

I made a log of one of the few times I managed to go through the entire offending file in export

noticeably during the textures the painter lags the most it outputs in the log:
[ ERR] <Qt> "[DBG ERROR][License]" Received badly formated global info: nodes member doesn't exist

I've gone to my painter license settings and told it to vallidate through my forum account again which did remove one instance of that error popping up. (a double entry became a single one)

I find it a bit weird in general. I'm getting this error in the middle of an export automation script (after several files went out succesfully with no changes in methods) and the annoying part is it crashes painter when I export larger textures. (windows thinks it stopped working type of crash)

It also seems to be file dependant. I didn't originally make these files so I'm not sure what sort of surprises I'm supposed to look for. potentially causing the issue

I included the last log I generated in case it helps. it has allot of debug writes from my script though.

Hello,

A few things that I suggest to check out :

1 - You are not up to date, the latest version of Substance Painter is 2017.3, try to upgrade.

2 - Your TDR delay is too, please see this page : https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/GPU+drivers+crash+with+long+computations

3 - Check that you don't have others issues : https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Software+conflicts

4 - Update your GPU drivers, they are no up to date with the latest version.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

This seems to work although it's still bizare that this one piece (in between all the others) is being kranky on export and taking as long as it is.

I included the log from my latest test after updating everything. Applying the tdr delay to 60 as recomended and rebooting the system I'm on.

The parts that end in Shoulders_A_Tx_01 + whatever texture type is being exported. Take relatively speaking forever.
In the process it is the only one that is being upscaled in this test specifically.

there is again license errors coinciding with the slow down  =/ that horribly confuse me with their presence.

How much effect do material groups have with a fully black mask when rendering out the textures?

Are your using the latest version now ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Yes, Sorry the log didn't seem to have fully come through on my previous post.  ???

Ha, I didn't noticed it was working now in your previous post. :)
As for the reason why you only had a problems on this project, well, it cans depends on numerous factor and the way we optimize the engine computation sometimes. There is not much you can do on your side.
-----------

Alright  :-\

I will at least encourage people to keep their files a bit more optimized since the number of layers seem to have an effect on render performance all as wel.

Thanks for the help.  ;D