Author Topic: Substance Painter 2017.3 crashes on MacOS  (Read 1391 times)

SubPainter 2017.3 is a crashy mess on Mac OSX 10.13 (High Sierra). I'm on an Mac Pro trash can with dual 700s (not Intel).

Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

I sent them the first couple times. I couldn't pin it down, definitely some issues with the shelf.

I have a bigger problem discussed here:

https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,19456.0/topicseen.html

This make Painter unusable for me. Should I suspend my account until this gets sorted out?

I am beginning to have doubts that Painter was well tested on the Mac Pro's.

But I will give credit in that somebody fixed another hugely annoying issue from before regarding the pointer freezing when using Painter. It seems to have been fixed.
Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 08:55:49 pm

I can assure you that our QA team work on all the platforms we officially support.
We do extensive tests, but in the case of MacOS a lot of hardware configuration exists and since Apple provide unique drivers for each of them is hard to track down all the problems. In your case, you are asking for support for an OS version that just released (MacOS High Sierra was released only a few days ago). We started to look into it, and even apple will likely provide updates for their drivers in the coming days/weeks.

As for the crash report, I only saw one related to the undocking of a sub-shelf window. This is a crash that has been fixed internally, an hotfix is coming soon.

If you have other crashes, please send crash reports.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.