Author Topic: Weird artifacts on textures Painter 2017  (Read 1085 times)

Hi,

I just installed substance 2017.3.0 and I'm getting really weird artifacts on my texture.
It's not only in my viewport. It's baked in the textures too.
I used to get the same with an older version of Substance (don't remember which one) but Painter 2 worked perfect for me.
Attached are examples.

I'm working on an iMac
Does anyone know if this is fixable?

Thanks!
Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 03:58:07 pm

Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.

Hi, I attached the log file  :)

You are using an old version of MacOS, which we don't support anymore.
The minimum recommended now is MacOS X 10.11 (El Captain). See : https://www.allegorithmic.com/products/tech-specs
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.

It's time to update then.
I suspected that it was something like that but wanted to check it first with you guys.
Thanks for the super fast reply!  ;D

ester, I was having the same issue on my Mac Pro and found a workaround that seems to work well for me. If it continues to be an issue for you, you can give this a try.

Simply delete the layer with the artifacts and then undo the deletion. It returns the layer without the artifacts.

Let me know if it works for you.

I've got the same issue (latest substance painter) with Mac OS 10.11.6 and running on the first gen retina 5K iMac. Glad that there is a workaround though. I just monkeyed around until I got the artifacting and deleted the effected layer and did an undo. The artifacts vanished! Wish I had known that before!

Thanks

I've got the same issue (latest substance painter) with Mac OS 10.11.6 and running on the first gen retina 5K iMac. Glad that there is a workaround though. I just monkeyed around until I got the artifacting and deleted the effected layer and did an undo. The artifacts vanished! Wish I had known that before!

Thanks

Glad to hear it’s working for others ;)

Thanks JDouglas! For now this seems to be working!  ;D

Thanks JDouglas! For now this seems to be working!  ;D

Glad to hear! Looks like I've done my good deed for the day. ;)

Please guys, attach a log file too, this will help us track where and when the problem happens.
-----------

Same (2017.4.2 - Mac).  Deleting layers and undoing doesn't help. but switching resolution seems to trigger it (which first started it).  Went from 1K to 4K and glitches starting happening (in exported textures too), switched back to 2K they disappear, back to 4K, they reappear. Consistantly... ie the switch back and forth shows/hides the artifacts (and exports them in textures).
Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 12:29:34 am

Sorry, but I will have to repeat myself :
Please guys, attach a log file too, this will help us track where and when the problem happens.
-----------

HI! i had the same problem from the version 2017.2...unfortunately (for me) the issue is about the graphic card, in my case Nvidia 980ti...and there is not support for my graphic card...
For me the only solution was to step back to a previous relase of SP that work perfectly on my card and under EL Capitan.
Version is 2017.1.0
Attention, because also this version NOT work (in my personal case) under OS X Sierra.

If Allegorithmic will found a solution should be GREAT...basically for using SP i must reinstall El Capitan and using a older version of software...:-(