Author Topic: Painter and Mac Pro 6,1  (Read 1590 times)

This isn’t specific to High Sierra. It’s existed for several OS releases.
Hmm, very odd then. We have similar configuration to yours which runs fine on our side.

Do you reproduce the problems on our sample projects ?
Could you do a video of you working to show when the problem happens ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.

This isn’t specific to High Sierra. It’s existed for several OS releases.
Hmm, very odd then. We have similar configuration to yours which runs fine on our side.

Do you reproduce the problems on our sample projects ?
Could you do a video of you working to show when the problem happens ?

This has been an issue since I bought version 1.0 back in 2014 and I posted about it then as well. I was using an iMac back then but the artifacts followed me to my Mac Pro a couple of years ago and refuse to go away. ;)

I probably won't have much time to toy with any of the sample projects and I'll have to see about making a video later. But that image I posted in the original post of this thread is what happened literally right after creating a new project and painting the very first brush stroke. But it doesn't always happen so soon on a project. Sometimes it may be a few layers later.

At least I have a workaround for now so I can continue using Painter but I hope you guys find this issue and get it rectified.

We recently reproduced this kind of black artifact on one of our QA machine, we are currently investigating.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.

We recently reproduced this kind of black artifact on one of our QA machine, we are currently investigating.

Good to hear. :)