Author Topic: Painter and Mac Pro 6,1  (Read 1981 times)

I was under the impression that Allegorithmic was finally supporting Painter on the Mac Pro's. Is this not the case?

Its been over a year since Ive used Painter and Im finding the same black artifacts I had back then. Is there a fix for this yet?
Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 07:34:34 pm

Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Done ;)

You may have a driver issue or a vram integrity issue of some sort, Substance Painter doesn't seem to detect any video ram at all on your GPU while it should detect 6 GB.

Would it have anything to do with Painter and High Sierra?

I'm not having vram issues elsewhere.

..while it should detect 6 GB.

Also, does that mean Painter doesn't utilize the dual D700's if you say its only supposed to detect the 6 gb vram?

Painter doesn't support dual GPUs, if you have 2 that may also be the issue, try deactivating the second GPU.

Painter doesn't support dual GPUs, if you have 2 that may also be the issue, try deactivating the second GPU.

I’m not sure it’s possible. Do you know how?

According to the tech specs, SP only supports the AMD Firepro S-series and W-series. The 6,1 Macs shipped with Firepro D-series graphics cards (D300 or D600). Could that be the problem?

According to the tech specs, SP only supports the AMD Firepro S-series and W-series. The 6,1 Macs shipped with Firepro D-series graphics cards (D300 or D600). Could that be the problem?

It's the D700 card.

Thats why I asked earlier about Allegorithmic supporting the Mac Pro. I remember the tech specs a year ago specifically said they do not support it but now that disclaimer is gone and there is support for the Fire pro cards. So I'm hopeful.

I believe I have found a work around for this artifact issue. What I do is simply delete the layer and then perform an undo. This brings back the layer without the artifacts.

I've done it a few times over the last couple of days and it seems to work every time but again, its only been a few times.

This is such an annoying issue that I want to help if others deal with the same graphics bug so I'll post back any updates for anybody who finds this thread via search.

Same problem. I tried your delete layer/undo trick but no luck.

Same problem. I tried your delete layer/undo trick but no luck.

Thats too bad, its been working very reliably for me. You're on a Mac Pro?

If you guys are running on MacOs High Sierra, please note this version has been released only a few days ago, we just started doing QA about it. It's possible the GPU drivers are unstable.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

If you guys are running on MacOs High Sierra, please note this version has been released only a few days ago, we just started doing QA about it. It's possible the GPU drivers are unstable.

This isn’t specific to High Sierra. It’s existed for several OS releases.