Author Topic: Where is auto-save  (Read 3061 times)

nothing pisses off an artist off more than an app crash taking work with it.

Can someone please tell me how to enable auto-save in SP?

Auto-save is crucial. Thanks

Faster Common Shadow

How to enable and disable auto save option in latest version SP? Its over killing when we have hug file working on.

Take a look here for more info about the auto-save plugin : https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Version+2017.3
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

"It creates a file on the side, while allowing you to work uninterrupted on the project itself."

Not for me. I do not see an autosave countdown in the top menu where the button is at (stays grayed out, and yes, I tried reloading the plugins and even re-installing already, a few times).

But the biggest issue is that the autosaving button will block my screen so I cannot work anymore. It also will not work properly if my Windows 10 Pro (not Creators update yet) is locked (Windows Key + L), and then I come back to work with the app still open.

I appreciate that developers time, effort. But I had to disable this autosave version.

Anyone have an idea how to fix? Ran into these issues?

Thanks.

"It creates a file on the side, while allowing you to work uninterrupted on the project itself."

Not for me. I do not see an autosave countdown in the top menu where the button is at (stays grayed out, and yes, I tried reloading the plugins and even re-installing already, a few times).
The plugin should display a blue progress bar at the bottom of the "Snooze autosave" button in the interface. Once empty, the autosave trigger. You can configure how long progress apears appear to allow you to snooze the autosave.

But the biggest issue is that the autosaving button will block my screen so I cannot work anymore.
This is necessary, while a project is saving we can't allow you to continue working on the project. This would lead to a  lot of issues otherwise.

It also will not work properly if my Windows 10 Pro (not Creators update yet) is locked (Windows Key + L), and then I come back to work with the app still open.
Can you explain what is the issue actually ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

1. I never saw the blue bar notification. That's odd.

2. From:
https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Version+2017.3

Autosave plugin

"In this release we also included a new plug-in that has the possibility to create backups of the currently opened project. It creates a file on the side, while allowing you to work uninterrupted on the project itself."

That would make me think that as I work, the autosave should kick in based on default or custom settings I have chosen. And at that appropriate time the save the file, but I would get to keep working.

Am I misunderstanding that line? Or is that line not correct and needs edited from your team's side?

That would make me think that as I work, the autosave should kick in based on default or custom settings I have chosen. And at that appropriate time the save the file, but I would get to keep working.

Am I misunderstanding that line? Or is that line not correct and needs edited from your team's side?
Indeed, it's a bad phrasing from us. I will fix that.
What we meant is that the current in progress file remains untouched, the autosave is a file done on the side and independent.
-----------

Thanks Froyok for clarifying for my understanding.