Author Topic: SP new version available how install it(newbie)  (Read 559 times)

Hello,this morning when I launch SP a message tell me a new version version is available,how the update work? It's a reinstall or just an update,I'm in a try version,I'loose all my preference if I'll do that?

Thanks by advance

You have to do a full reinstall indeed, but you won't lose your preferences and custom content.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

But I'll not have to unistall my version?

I'll download the new test version from your site and I'll install it over? Or I'll click on download on the pop up menu at the launch.

It's the way?

Thanks by advance

The new installer will ask if you want to uninstall the previous one.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

And I'll think I'll must say yes? But I'll don't loose my pref and my time to test?

The exact procedure is: download>install>say yes to uninstall>and it's ok?

Sorry for all these questions but it's the first time I'll use SP.

If I'll use the pop up button I'll think it send me to the page download?

Thanks by advance .

You won't loose your preferences if you uninstall the software.
As for the rest, I have already answered.
-----------

Thanks