Author Topic: About TDR change  (Read 1811 times)

Hello,I downloaded the latest version of Substance Painter and when I launch the program a warning message about "Your current TDR setting is too low" appears. I have followed all the steps that you indicate in the enclosed documentation to make this change but after doing it and restarting my computer everything is still the same the changes have not been made (Hexadecimal 3C) but not decimal 60.How can I change this value so that when I launch the program this warning message does not appear?My operating system is Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, Graphics Card Nvidia Quadro 4000, Processor i7 960, main disk Samsung SSd 500 Gb.Thanks

Could you attach a log file and a screenshot of your registry editor window ?
See : https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Exporting+the+log+file
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

same issue here, values changed as per support notes but error message continues upon start up

D3V

yeah,
I've had this issue for months.. I posted about this in early summer.. the post was ignored.
It appears more people are having this issue..and they're being placat'ionally-patronized. I get it, support here has gone down hill when it used to be top notch and attentive.

Anyhow...
I fixed TDR nonsense on my system...and I am making a post about it.  Look for it in a little while.

yeah,
I've had this issue for months.. I posted about this in early summer.. the post was ignored.
It appears more people are having this issue..and they're being placat'ionally-patronized. I get it, support here has gone down hill when it used to be top notch and attentive.
Unfortunately our support slowed down a bit and we have been unable to answer everything in time like we did before.
It will get back to normal once we finis with our next release (coming soon).

As for the TDR issue, we will look into it. The best would be to attach your registry keys to your post so that can look into it and see why Substance Painter doesn't detect it properly.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

I'm also suffering for the same problem after installing Sunstance Painter, which as it's the first thing you come across when firing up for the first time, is a bit disconcerting.

I've put a copy of my registry keys under GraphicsDrivers here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b8oapjqsg8npdc7/TDR_registry_key.reg?dl=0

There are 2 registry keys that are to be added.
TdrDelay and TdrDdiDelay, both are to be set to 60 decimal which is 3C hexadecimal.

Ah... missed the TdrDdiDelay.

I thought it strange that the instructions steps 4 and 5 were duplicates (just looked that way at first sight), but turned out they were not.

I'm going to blame not having enough coffee yesterday :)

Working fine now with no error/advisory message.

Thanks for the speedy support.

You're welcome. I had to figure that out the hard way, a while back. Also, some Windows updates wipe out those keys and you'll have to replace them.