Author Topic: Painter freezing when trying to paint 2K textures.  (Read 343 times)

I am a new user and am following the beginner tutorials. I can confirm as soon as I try and paint a mask layer the program will freeze as soon as I begin to paint. I have the textures set to 2048x2048. When I restart the program and re-bake the textures to 1024 or lower, then the program is fine.

I already edited the TDR registry files from the step-by-step document. I am also running the most recent version of Painter from this morning. I currently have a AMD WX9100 graphics card which is also updated.

(The log file is exported before the program freezes since I can't access the Help menu when it freezes)

Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

dxdiag file attached.

Thanks for the files. :)

We already noticed an issue on AMD GPUs based on the Vega architecture (which is your case) that leads to deadlocks/freezes when doing computations in some case. Our current investigation let us think there is a bug in the AMD Drivers and we contacted them to further investigate.

We are still waiting for an answer at the moment. You could try contacting them as well if the issue is a blocker for you.
Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 04:08:28 pm
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Thank you for your help. Hopefully a new driver in the future will resolve this issue. I will also send a ticket to them.