Author Topic: Substance Painter viewport stuttering whilst painting  (Read 908 times)

Hi

So I just recently upgraded my system and I am having issues in painter. Any project I open and try to work on, the viewport stutters and lags whilst painting. I have even tried the meetmat sample project with the same results. I hope its not a performance issue as it worked flawlessly on my previous setup. I know changing the working resolution helps but even on 512 it happens and my previous setup handled 2k perfectly fine.

Previous setup:
i7 3770k @4.4Ghz
32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1666Mhz
ASUS GTX 980ti SLI
ASUS z77 Extreme 4
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD
Windows 7

Current setup:
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920x @4Ghz
G.SKILL Trident Z 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz
ASUS GTX 980ti SLI
ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD
Windows 10

Any help would be much appreciated.
Attached is painter log and dxdiag.

I see you have a SLI setup, is SLI enabled in your drivers ?
We don't support SLI so it could have conflict issue.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Hi Froyok

Thanks for the reply. With SLI disabled I still experience the same issues.

Update:

It seems even when launching painter, it causes my whole system to hang. I have also noticed that it takes longer to load into painter than before. Tried an earlier version I had and got the same results. I have disabled SLI, fresh drivers, reinstalled, checked for any software conflicts, removed anti virus, set the environment variable for the license key and still no success. I'm tempted to do a fresh install of windows again.

Any knowledge on this topic would be much appreciated as I am a student and deadlines wait for no-one. XD
Thanks