Author Topic: Material disappears after computing  (Read 2750 times)

I just opened my document and noticed some rust texture that I painted yesterday disappeared. When I open the document it is still there but it disappears after it finishes computing.
I am also unable to paint any stencil materials using a particle brush. I can paint both paint materials and stencil materials with normal brushes and I can also paint paint materials with particle brushes but I can no longer paint stencil materials with particle brushes.

The log shows a error message:
[Paint editor] The document contains data for a material that is not present in the loaded scene. This material name is [03 - Default].  You should update your scene materials names to be able to see and edit those data.

But I don't quite know how to do that. How do I update my scene materials names and why did this happen anyway? And if the material can not be found, how come it is there for a few seconds?

I just opened my document and noticed some rust texture that I painted yesterday disappeared. When I open the document it is still there but it disappears after it finishes computing.
I am also unable to paint any stencil materials using a particle brush. I can paint both paint materials and stencil materials with normal brushes and I can also paint paint materials with particle brushes but I can no longer paint stencil materials with particle brushes.

The log shows a error message:
[Paint editor] The document contains data for a material that is not present in the loaded scene. This material name is [03 - Default].  You should update your scene materials names to be able to see and edit those data.

But I don't quite know how to do that. How do I update my scene materials names and why did this happen anyway? And if the material can not be found, how come it is there for a few seconds?

Hello,

Did you update the model in the project or does this happen right when you open the project?

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

I saved the project and closed Substance Painter. When I opened the project on my laptop the next day I experienced that problem.
When I open the same project on the same pc where I created it I also get that error log but the material that was missing on the laptop is still there.

I saved the project and closed Substance Painter. When I opened the project on my laptop the next day I experienced that problem.
When I open the same project on the same pc where I created it I also get that error log but the material that was missing on the laptop is still there.

Hello,

I am checking on this issue. It's seems that others have had this issue as well. I can't seem to reproduce it. I will pass this onto the developers.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

The issue has been fixed in the latest 8.2 update.