Author Topic: autosave bugs my NAS - cant change directory  (Read 1092 times)

Hey Substance crazies,

its a nice new feature you added autosave to SP 2017.3.
But my NAS and my Backupsystem find it not so funny to upload huge files all the time.
the even badest thing is that the Autobackup files have the same endings as the normal Substance painter files.
Meaning i cant tell my NAS to avoid them.
Also i cant change the directory theyre saved at.
hey just store into my Project folder :-D

Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 09:23:45 am

You can change the destination path of the autosaves in the plugin settings.

thanks for the fast help Jeremie,works perfekt now,
have a nice sunday.

still got a problem,
[Plugin - autosave] Autosaving...
[Plugin - autosave] Auto saving project (backup number 0)...
[Plugin - autosave] Exception ProjectError: failed to open file:///C:/Program Files/Allegorithmic/Substance Painter/autosave/cloth_02_autosave_0.spp (:/js/project.js line 21)

it seems substance is not allowed to save in that directory,might it be i somehow must set ADMIN rights for this app?

still got a problem,
[Plugin - autosave] Autosaving...
[Plugin - autosave] Auto saving project (backup number 0)...
[Plugin - autosave] Exception ProjectError: failed to open file:///C:/Program Files/Allegorithmic/Substance Painter/autosave/cloth_02_autosave_0.spp (:/js/project.js line 21)

it seems substance is not allowed to save in that directory,might it be i somehow must set ADMIN rights for this app?
Looks like Substance Painter is trying to save a file in your Program Files folders, by default in Windows it requires Administrator rights. You shouldn't save in this folder since it's mostly used for applications.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Thanks,
i changed it,and now it works without problems.