Author Topic: TDR (GPU Hang Recovery) Setting is too low  (Read 21989 times)

I just update Substance Painter to version 2017.3.0 Build 1837 and get the TDR message.  I used the link in the message but the instructions are confusing at steps 3 - 5 (at least to me.)

It says:

3.  Navigate in the tree on the left of the Registry Editor window and go to : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ GraphicsDrivers
4.  If it doesn't exist, do a right-click > new > REG_DWORD in the right part of the window. Name it TdrDelay and set the value to 60 (in decimal mode).
5.  If it doesn't exist, do a a right-click > new > REG_DWORD in the right part of the windows. Name it TdrDdiDelay and set the value to 60 (in decimal mode).

Okay, I assume step 4 "If it doesn't exist, ...." add the dword TdrDelay x96 (60 dec)

Then step 5. has another "If it doesn't exist, ...." add the dword TdrDdiDelay x96 (60 dec)

So I'm assuming if TdrDdiDelay doesn't exist, to add it also?  So two new entries to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ GraphicsDrivers

Anyway, I did that and restarted my system and Painter still throws out that message
(23Jun20) Ryzen 1800x,  Samsung 970 EVO 1tb NVME-M.2 SSD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G2 PS
Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 446.14 (27May18), Win 10 Pro x64

Yes both need to exist in the registry.
Could you do a screenshot of you registry so that I can check it out ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Attached
(23Jun20) Ryzen 1800x,  Samsung 970 EVO 1tb NVME-M.2 SSD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G2 PS
Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 446.14 (27May18), Win 10 Pro x64

I don't see any attachment.
Don't forget to check "join a file" when you add an attachment.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Second try

they are within the wrong key

Cheers,

MightyMarcos

^ what he says.
you have to put them in the right directory,both have to be there,then the message will disapear.
worked fine on my windows 10 with a 1070 nvidia.

Thanks -- that fixed the problem!  Can't believe I did that, but I guess I'm getting old.  Sorry I wasted your time. -- Jerry

I've attempted making these adjustments as instructed and verified I'm in the right folder (GraphicsDriver) yet the message doesn't go away no matter what values I apply. (Currently set to 120 for both). Is there something else I'm missing or doing wrong?

D3V

Hi guys, I am new here and I changed my settings as said, but I get the message inside Substance Painter at the bottom.

I am not sure why it says this, then it froze up on me and crashed when I tried to import some textures.
Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 08:33:30 am

I've attempted making these adjustments as instructed and verified I'm in the right folder (GraphicsDriver) yet the message doesn't go away no matter what values I apply. (Currently set to 120 for both). Is there something else I'm missing or doing wrong?
You have typo in one your keys, TdrDdIDelay instead of TdrDdiDelay.
-----------

Hello,

I did everything you said but my screen stays like this ...

What is the issue in your latest screen ?
Everything seems normal to me.
-----------