Author Topic: Error during the export  (Read 13589 times)

Hello, So I have never had any problems exporting but recently any project I try to export in any configuration will mark me the same mistake over and over. I re-instaled several times but I didnt had any luck. I used the sample MAT.

The error says: error during the export (SeeLogs)

[MapExporter] Could not save C:/Users/barba/Documents/Allegorithmic/Substance Painter/export/Mesh_MAT_Diffuse.01_Head.png map
[MapExporter] Could not save C:/Users/barba/Documents/Allegorithmic/Substance Painter/export/Mesh_MAT_Specular.01_Head.png map
[MapExporter] Could not save C:/Users/barba/Documents/Allegorithmic/Substance Painter/export/Mesh_MAT_Roughness.01_Head.png map
[MapExporter] Could not save C:/Users/barba/Documents/Allegorithmic/Substance Painter/export/Mesh_MAT_Normal.01_Head.png map
[MapExporter] Could not save C:/Users/barba/Documents/Allegorithmic/Substance Painter/export/Mesh_MAT_Height.01_Head.png map
[MapExporter] The input map 'Emissive' needed by the map 'Mesh_MAT_Emissive.01_Head' of the texture set '01_Head' isn't available because: 'Emissive' channel is missing in your texture set.
[MapExporter] The map 'Mesh_MAT_Emissive.01_Head' can't be generated for the texture set '01_Head'.
[MapExporter] Could not save C:/Users/barba/Documents/Allegorithmic/Substance Painter/export/Mesh_MAT_ior.01_Head.png map
[MapExporter] An error occurred while finalizing the export

Please Help :(

I tried Froyok's fix but this did nothing. ( https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php?topic=3992.0)

" Go to "C:\Users\*username*\Documents\Substance Painter\shelf" and remove the "allegorithmic" folder.
If you have modified the default preset you should also remove them from "C:\Users\*username*\Documents\Substance Painter\shelf\export-presets".
Then re-launch Painter, it should fix the presets. Don't forget to reselect the preset in your export window, by default it will keep the outdated one."

I would like to get it fixed since this is my personal computer, I dont wish someone else exporting the maps for me since that's not a real solution.

I attach another image where it shows that Arnold  4 AiStandard doesnt have a emissive map to export. (I also tried exporting in other configurations but the error is the same in each one of them)

Hey, could you provide your log file, please?
Log file procedure : https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Exporting+the+log+file

Thx!

Hi
   I've the same problem here.

log file attached

This an issue already in our database. We don't have a fix yet.
The only workaround meanwhile is to restart Substance Painter.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Look like it work only in the export folder from Substance Painter.

Do you use 3D Max 2018?
If you want to know why it does not export textures, see the movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfiJc4h0tt4&feature=youtu.be  ;)

Create a new project with the mesh and see if you get any import related errors. We deal with this problem quite often and practically all of the time it's mesh/uv related.

Had this issue today and just figured out it was my AVG security that was giving me the error, as it was stopping substance painter from saving to my C drive