Author Topic: Vector Graphics (svg) and UNDO  (Read 2390 times)

Just yesterday I was trying to build my material ID color mask inside of SD with the svg tools, but I had to give up.

I noticed a very annoying behaviour with the undo stack: if I add a new svg vector image to my substance, and then I start to draw a bezier curve in it ("path" button, not "freehand"), if I undo while the current tool is still active, the whole svg image is deleted.

Furthermore, the undo command shouldn't rollback to the last drawn shape, but to the the last modify made with the tool: If I add a point and then I undo, only this one should be deleted, not the whole shape.

Thanks!

Just yesterday I was trying to build my material ID color mask inside of SD with the svg tools, but I had to give up.

I noticed a very annoying behaviour with the undo stack: if I add a new svg vector image to my substance, and then I start to draw a bezier curve in it ("path" button, not "freehand"), if I undo while the current tool is still active, the whole svg image is deleted.

Furthermore, the undo command shouldn't rollback to the last drawn shape, but to the the last modify made with the tool: If I add a point and then I undo, only this one should be deleted, not the whole shape.

Thanks!

Hi,

Yes, I see what you mean. The undo will remove the entire shape and not just the node itself. I will log this as a feature enhancement.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Sorry to bump this up, but the vector tools really need some love.
The undo thing alone is really frustrating :S

For example, it not only completely deletes the new shape, but every stuff done with the current tool.
If for example I switch from the pen to the extrude tool, and I start painting... the undo will delete every single stroke from the beginning!

I think this is more a bug than a feature enhancement, as it can't be how it was supposed to work.

Thank you for your support!
Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 06:40:18 pm

Sorry to bump this up, but the vector tools really need some love.
The undo thing alone is really frustrating :S

For example, it not only completely deletes the new shape, but every stuff done with the current tool.
If for example I switch from the pen to the extrude tool, and I start painting... the undo will delete every single stroke from the beginning!

I think this is more a bug than a feature enhancement, as it can't be how it was supposed to work.

Thank you for your support!

Hi Mario,

Thanks for reporting. I have logged this issue in our system with the details you have provided.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja