Author Topic: Substance Metadata loading failed in trial version...  (Read 4316 times)

Hiya, I'm getting around to test this app and I'm having issues loading a texture manually and the drag and drop feature shows a "not allowed" icon. The error console spits out the line in the subject.

It says I'm using Substance player version 5.0.2 build 15660

thx for any help

Hiya, I'm getting around to test this app and I'm having issues loading a texture manually and the drag and drop feature shows a "not allowed" icon. The error console spits out the line in the subject.

It says I'm using Substance player version 5.0.2 build 15660

thx for any help

Hi,

Are you dragging the texture into the 3D view or the 2D view? You need to drag the texture into the 2D view. Then a popup will appear that allows you to choose the Main Input.

Cheers,

Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi,

I have the same problem when I try to drag and drop the picture nothing happens. 
And when I try to open an error message I get: Substance metadata loading failed.

It is also a trial version (3.1).

Of course I am dragging the texture into the 2D view :-)

Thanks.
knetta

What image file format have you tried with ? Do all the images you have tried with come from the same source ? Would it be possible to share an image B2M cannot read ?

Hi,

I have the same problem when I try to drag and drop the picture nothing happens. 
And when I try to open an error message I get: Substance metadata loading failed.

It is also a trial version (3.1).

Of course I am dragging the texture into the 2D view :-)

Thanks.
knetta

Hi,

This could be a QT (Windows authorization issue) that disables the drag and drop the first time you launch after install. If you relaunch the program it should work. Have you closed and reopened the application and still experiencing this issue?

Cheers,
wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Yes, yes, yes!!! It works.

Wes,
Your tip was good.

Thanks to both of you.
knetta

I keep getting the "Substance Metadata loading failed" Error. Ive tried saving as a BNP,TGA,PNG,Jpeg. I drag into 2D space. I somehow got a bnp to work once but now I get the error with the same exact file. Ive opened and closed Splayer. What am I missing?

One of the files i was trying