Author Topic: Bugs : Houdini Crashes when trying to create digital asset with a substance node  (Read 1963 times)

Hi,

I am running Houdini 16.0.633 on Linux/Ubuntu 16.04.
I have a couple of concerns/bugs to report:

1) When trying to delete a substance node Houdini crashes!
2) When trying to create a digital asset that contains a substance node Houdini crashes!

1 and 2 seems pretty serious to me? Anyone else experiencing these bugs?

I also have a feature request/concern. I often set parameters through python code.
But in the substance shop the parameters for exporting to textures are renamed each time I run load substance.
ie they become for example "_substanced_19" or _"substance_21" instead of "_sub_export" which would be more appropriate.

Hey Joel Kronander O,

Thank you for reporting this. I will be looking into this as soon as we get the Linux workstation set up with Houdini installed and I will report back with my findings. :)
Integrations QA Analyst

I have run into this issue as well. Unfortunately this makes the plug-in unsafe to use in production.

I'm having trouble with this same problem as well. I work as environment artist at Remedy Entertainment and would use this plugin for work.
For me this happens on Windows.

Hey @Joel Kroander O, @animera.fi, and @mchapmanOR,

We have released a new Houdini plugin version today which should fix this, now available on the download page. https://www.allegorithmic.com/buy/download

Please let us know if this resolves your issue and if you have any further issues :)
Integrations QA Analyst