Author Topic: Simple Question  (Read 675 times)

hello, i have a simple question, i would be happy a simple answer (even if its "no").

I need a texture merge feature.
I read ALOT of forum thread about it.
The first promise about implement "soon" was in 2014.
So i have to ask when will be implement that feature?

I KNOW the designer solution but i dont have designer, and i dont want invest into it yet.
(but i tried it and i liked it)

the manual in photoshop is not really theme of discuss, if i have 5-10 surface per uv map

thank you
sade

Search the word "merge" in Substance Share. Wes had created a utility to merge up to 5 texture sets.

yay! *disappear, pop up at share, and begin digging*
thank you for your fast and informative answer!

well
i saw the tutorial. kinda disappointed. it requires designer. (or player)

ah, and the transparent does not save transparent to me
i never noticed it, because i did not use this feature, but now i do, and its does not works
(yes, i used png)

We clarified our stance on this matter here : https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,16732.0.html
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

i read it, and i find it.. well... not true

since example when you export it would be option export into one file the different shader sets, or with a simple checklist, it would not be lost any data...

or other members also suggessted lot of way for make it without data loss.

i know its easy to be smart from outside, but ...  i am still want something like that:
- guys, it would be nice, it will be done for xmas
- guys, it would be nice, but it will not be done for the next 3 update (so it will not will be avaible in one year, or something like that)
- guys, already made a solution, it will be in into next update, thanks for your patience
- guys, we dont plan anything with it, be happy with Wes, our lesser god's patch/solution.

my problem is: i have a mesh example. originally everything in one uv map. the painter make separate files from every surface... and its endless time (yes, even with ps, or designer) to put everything back... or i can leave as it, and it will make an extra big file size..
sorry for my bad english

but if you merge only for export, its non destrucive.

i saw the tutorial. kinda disappointed. it requires designer. (or player)

For the record, Substance Player is available for free.
Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 03:35:33 pm

for record it does not make less time, same extra half an hour-hour per model set/version (depends the complexity)
and for a record it was _not_ in my question..  ("I KNOW the designer solution but i dont have designer, and i dont want invest into it yet.
(but i tried it and i liked it)
"