Author Topic: I cant get .sbsar material in unity  (Read 1765 times)

Hi there
             I was created rusty material in SD. then i publish it as RustyMetal02.sbsar when i import it in my unity project i cant use it it seems weird i am using SD 2017.1.2 and unity 5.6.0f3

Thanks and regards
Absathish

afaik, Unity 2017 doesn't support the substance format at the moment

not sure, why it isn't working in 5.6 though

https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unitys-substance-designer-6-sbsar-file-support.456885/

Hi there
             I was created rusty material in SD. then i publish it as RustyMetal02.sbsar when i import it in my unity project i cant use it it seems weird i am using SD 2017.1.2 and unity 5.6.0f3

Thanks and regards
Absathish

Hey anbs92,

Unfortunately Unity 5.6 does not have SD6 compatibility, meaning that substances made in SD6 (or in this case 2017.1.2) utilizing new nodes or features might not import or work correctly with it. You would have to run Substance Designer in SD5 compatibility mode and fix the graph in order for it to work correctly. Please refer to this thread: https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,15248.0.html

SD6 compability is now available in the Unity 2017.2 beta build, but unfortunately not any Unity version before it. Hope this helps. Sorry for the inconvenience this causes you. :-\
Integrations QA Analyst

Thanks keston for your quick reply and clarify me whats happening... before posting the forum i put a lot of minutes in SD and unity to find what i have done wrong why my material is not come into unity. it would be helpful if unity support latest version of SD..

Thanks and regards
Absathish

Thanks keston for your quick reply and clarify me whats happening... before posting the forum i put a lot of minutes in SD and unity to find what i have done wrong why my material is not come into unity. it would be helpful if unity support latest version of SD..

Thanks and regards
Absathish

Hi,

The latest version of the Unity 2017.2 beta now supports SD6 engine substances.

Cheers,
wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja