Author Topic: Substance Batch tool Multiple bakes  (Read 1170 times)

Hello,

I have an issue with the batch tool when trying either matching by name or multiple meshes.
I have conducted theses tests :
Baking 1 high to 1 low - Working
Baking 2 high to 2 low - Not working. Only the first instance is baked (the second is black)
Baking 2 high to 1 low using matching by name : Not working, only the first mesh is baked but the second is ignored.

I wanted to know if the baker was supporting either multiple meshes or matching by name, since I have to bake a lot of elements and wanted to use it to bake it during the night.

thanks in advance

Update 1 : I added a Zip file for testing. It's what we used for testing. It's composed of 3 folders :

Single : contains a Cube_low and Cube_high, both in .fbx and named the same way inside of maya. (Baking works fine)

Multiple : contains Cube_low_part1, Cube_low_part2, Cube_high_part1 and Cube_high_part2. (This is to test if we can have 2 separate normal baked. First normal baked correctly, but second baked black)

Multiple Merged :  Contains Cube_low (which has Cube_low_part1 and Cube_low_part2) and Cube_high (which has Cube_high_part1 and Cube_high_part2). In this instance, Cube_low_part1 was correctly baked but Cube_low_part2 was not.

We also tried baking Cube_low containing part1 and part2 with Cube_high_part1 and Cube_high_part2 separated (using matching by name) but it still gave us the part1 baked correctly but not part2.

Every files and .fbx and the mesh inside are correctly named.

Cheers,

Hugo
Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 03:35:14 pm

We are able to reproduce. We'll fix that as soon as possible.
Btw, the sbsbaker from the latest batchtools does not have the problem.
Product Manager - Allegorithmic

After further investigation it appears it's not a bug but a change in the command line system: now you have to use --highdef-mesh for each high definition mesh file.

--highdef-mesh C:\tmp\Cube_high_part1.fbx --highdef-mesh C:\tmp\Cube_high_part2.fbx
Product Manager - Allegorithmic