Author Topic: Is Substance Designer compatible with my Blender texturing workflow?  (Read 2846 times)

Hello,

here is my question, its quite long so I will try to make it clear.

In Blender it is possible to texture a highpoly model with materials and tiled textures, then bake this on to the low poly model. Does Substance Designer allow us to import a high poly model, add materials/textures to it, then when baking to the low poly have these things bake on to the low poly?

Of course you can select vertex bake. but its not the same, as its just individual colours and I am trying to make a very complicated texture and if I was to attempt to line up everything it wouldnt work.

do I make my question clear?

You can bake textures from high poly meshes to a texture on a low poly mesh using the "texture from mesh" baker. I don't think you can associate multiple textures with one high poly mesh though, so if that's your case, you may have some compositing to do in the graph afterwards.

You can bake textures from high poly meshes to a texture on a low poly mesh using the "texture from mesh" baker. I don't think you can associate multiple textures with one high poly mesh though, so if that's your case, you may have some compositing to do in the graph afterwards.

transfered texture from mesh? ok, i will experiment with that tonight.

merci.