Author Topic: Ambient Occlusion Baker Parameters: Self Occlusion not working.  (Read 1217 times)

Hi!

If I set Self Occlusion to "Always", it won't happen, at least "Match" is set to "always" in the common parameters. AO settings should override the common settings, right? (2017.2.0)
Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 04:00:37 am

Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.

Hi!

Here is the log. Thanks!

Thanks for the log, I just wanted to be sure that it was not a naming convention issue in your mesh names. It seems everything is fine on this side.

AO settings should override the common settings, right? (2017.2.0)
No they don't. They work together : the AO baker launch a secondary set of rays after the first ones, that why you have an additional setting.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.

Ah, o.k... I mean, I don't understand why a secondary set of rays is needed, but is good to know doesn't work as I thought. I usually want the nn by mesh name, but the ambient occlusion from all the objects. No problem, is just matter of change the common settings to bake only the AO.

Thanks for the quick answer!!!

Mmmh... Afterthought.... that second set of rays should obey the AO settings, right? And then the issue is there: if I set Self Occlusion to "Always" in AO settings, won't work (if common settings is "by mesh name").