Author Topic: Diffuse/Metallic/Roughness to Diffuse/Specular/Glossiness node missing  (Read 8144 times)

Hey guys, could you please help me out?
I'm eager to utilise Substance Painter in my workflow but we use Spec/Gloss PBR model in out project and if understand everything right, Painter allows only Metallic/Roughness outputs meaning i need to convert that. This brings me to a shameful issue: I can't seem to find the metallic/roughness to spec/gloss convert node in my Substance Designer. One great fella helped me out and pointed at Material Filters>Transforms folder which shoud contained said node, but all i have is this:

So could you guys clarify two things for me:
1. How do i find the node?
2. Is there any way to avoid using Substance Designer in my case and export textures from Substance Designer in Spec/Gloss model right away?

In case you need it, I use steam version:

Hey guys, could you please help me out?
I'm eager to utilise Substance Painter in my workflow but we use Spec/Gloss PBR model in out project and if understand everything right, Painter allows only Metallic/Roughness outputs meaning i need to convert that. This brings me to a shameful issue: I can't seem to find the metallic/roughness to spec/gloss convert node in my Substance Designer. One great fella helped me out and pointed at Material Filters>Transforms folder which shoud contained said node, but all i have is this:

So could you guys clarify two things for me:
1. How do i find the node?
2. Is there any way to avoid using Substance Designer in my case and export textures from Substance Designer in Spec/Gloss model right away?

In case you need it, I use steam version:

Hi,

The node is in the material filters and you should see it there. Can you going to preferences>Editors and clicking Restore Default Path and Refresh Thumbnails?

Here is what you should see. It looks like you have the old icons as well. I think the library just needs to be refreshed.

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Apparently my steam SD thought that the folder of my previous, trial SD i didn't delete is the one i want to use.  ;D
Deleting it and resetting paths worked, thanks Wes.

Hehehe, glad you sorted it out :)