Author Topic: Fill Layer Texture Scaling/Tiling  (Read 13032 times)

I have a bump texture that I'd like to apply on a fill layer (for perfect uniformity that is a bit trickier to get in stencil mode).

Is there a way to scale down the texture and tile it once it has been applied to the fill layer's height?

Thanks - loving the program so far.

I had the same problem, and I solved it passing trough Substance Designer,chaining the bump with a 2DTransform node, and re-importing the image as a substance.
But I do strongly agree that there should be the chance to add a transform node to everything in SP (like stencils, images, effects, etc.)
...now that I'm thinking about it, maybe I can just make a substance and apply it as effect to the fill layer, let me give it a try! :D

There we go, give it a try:
AdvTransform2D.zip
Import this substance into Painter, and then add it to your fill layer as effect

EDIT: I reuploaded the zip file: I forgot to setup the substance to "Relative to parent" :)
Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 11:26:13 am

This is perfect! Thanks, Mario :)

I need to learn how to use designer.

Nice one Mario! This works great!

This feature will be built-in with the next build.

This was perfect! Ty so much for posting that Mario! Although the latest build does not seem to have this already so thankfully i found this post ty again!

This was perfect! Ty so much for posting that Mario! Although the latest build does not seem to have this already so thankfully i found this post ty again!

when will that be?

When creating a Fill layer, you now have access to a Scale property at the top of the Tool window.

Is there no way to go past 128 in UV scale??

Is there no way to increase this above 128 scale? I'm running into the same issue.