Author Topic: Any news on unity support for SD6  (Read 1625 times)

I know the official word is "Unity has the patch and we wait on them" but was hoping more info has come out

I see that there is a new substance api for unity due out in the next few months. Wondering if this means we will have to wait for it to get SD6 into Unity
Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 12:54:33 am

Hey, it should happen in the coming weeks 😉

It reportedly works in Unity 2017.2 beta 4 and later.  No word yet on if it will be back-ported to 2017.1 or earlier versions.

It reportedly works in Unity 2017.2 beta 4 and later.  No word yet on if it will be back-ported to 2017.1 or earlier versions.

Hi,

Unity will not be back porting the plugin. The SD6 engine support will be in 2017.2 and later.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Thanks for the update, Wes. I'm sad they won't backport at least to 2017.1, but at least we now have a firm version number for project planning.

Thanks for the update, Wes. I'm sad they won't backport at least to 2017.1, but at least we now have a firm version number for project planning.

Yes, it is very unfortunate. We are looking to publish the plugins ourselves in the future so we can avoid issues like this.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja