Author Topic: Rotate and scale brush  (Read 23162 times)

hi,

It will be great to have the possibility to turn and scale brush on the fly like zbrush, mari etc.

I would also really like to have the possibility to rotate the brush on the fly, and have some visual feedback of that rotation; a specific key, a mouse scroll, pen orientation (like in photoshop), anything would be useful.

yes plz plz, add that feature.... I really need it.
Sometimes the frustration get's me when using painter cuz it's not natural to slide2rotate the brush, and in the end, i opt to work in photoshop.

but, great work, love the software.

After finally spending a good of amount of time in Painter today, I came across the need to rotate the brush 45 degrees, it surprised me that the cursor didn't update to show the rotation, so I had to guessimate when placing my stamps.

So yeah, it would be nice to have the cursor update to match the actual rotation value.

-Will

Up ^^

Up

I would be also very happy to have option to scale brush texture and rotate it. Right now I have huge skin pores on small creature. Can't find option to scale entire fill-layer or brush...

Ctl+LMB+push/pull  changes the brush rotation
Ctl+RMB+left/right  changes the brush size

I just developed this filter (may finish in the software or Substance Share) :)

wait what.. you can apply filters to alpha inputs?  mind blown.  can this be done for all input types?

yes you can do it since 2.0 :) : we call this Substance chaining and it's extremely powerful ;)
Note that in this case, you have to set you sbsar as 'procedural' as the alpha slot only accept 'alpha' & procedural.

Ctl+LMB+push/pull  changes the brush rotation
Ctl+RMB+left/right  changes the brush size

Thanks for posting the answer.  :)