Author Topic: Early Substance Live user looking to upgrade but which one?  (Read 778 times)

So I own what was Substance Live Indie. I paid a subscription for 12 months or so and got SP1, SD5 and B2M3 as a package.

I'm now looking to upgrade that package as a whole but I'm being given 4 options  ..
SD on its own for $50 or
SP alone for $50 or
Substance using my SD licence for $19/month or
Substance using my SP licence at $19/month.

First two are clear enough. upgrade single programs.
But the latter two . . so are you no longer offering the equivalent of Live anymore? Where I can pay one subscription for all the software instead of having to deal with multiple subscriptions?  Or are these last two actually variations of the same thing?

Thanks for any help.

Pat

Hi Pat,

The latest 2 are the same thing: you can subscribe to the full Substance offer for $19.90.

As you already own some licenses, we offer you a discount at $9.95 for 6 months, then $19.90.
So the 2 options are just to just from which license to upgrade to that discount.

Please note that if you chose to upgrade to the discount, the previous license will be "upgraded" and you won't be able to purchase a maintenance on it.

Cheers,
Head of Product Management

aha. Gotcha. Thanks Nicolas. Thats clearer now.

And just to make sure I'm totally on the same track . . when you say that my previous SP1/SD5 license will no longer be eligible for upgrades/maintenance .. is that just the one whos licence number I decide to use?  So either SP1 or SD5.
I will get maintenance and upgrades for SP2/SD6 for the duration of the subscription?

Am I right to assume it won't make my SP1/SD5 un-usable? I will need to ensure access to them while I finish off a current pair of projects. Don't want to upgrade and then find my substances produce slightly different results.

Cheers,

Pat
Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 08:09:39 pm

Hi,

"And just to make sure I'm totally on the same track . . when you say that my previous SP1/SD5 license will no longer be eligible for upgrades/maintenance .. is that just the one whos licence number I decide to use?  So either SP1 or SD5.
I will get maintenance and upgrades for SP2/SD6 for the duration of the subscription? "
-> Yes

"Am I right to assume it won't make my SP1/SD5 un-usable? I will need to ensure access to them while I finish off a current pair of projects. Don't want to upgrade and then find my substances produce slightly different results."
-> No.

You would need to save a back-up of the projects. When you open them in another version of the software, they are not backward compatible.
You won't be able to open projects with previous versions of the software.

Cheers,
Head of Product Management