Author Topic: Exposed Parameters in MODO  (Read 2724 times)

I'm using MODO 701 SP5 with the latest MODO plug-in.  I'm using some of the wood substances available on the website - specifically maple.  In SD4.3, the substance exposes several parameters that do not appear in MODO's Substance Properties - specifically, the batten parameters.

Is this expected, a problem with the substance, or a problem with the plug-in?  Should all parameters in a substance be available through the MODO plug-in (if not now, but in 801's plug-in when it's available)?

EDIT : I tried baking my textures out and loading into modo, but 701 SP5 is crashing for this dataset when I try to bring in textures.  I saw a similar issue when I tried to bring in additional .lxo files into this model - I had to delete all substances from the shader tree.
Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 10:01:52 pm

I'm using MODO 701 SP5 with the latest MODO plug-in.  I'm using some of the wood substances available on the website - specifically maple.  In SD4.3, the substance exposes several parameters that do not appear in MODO's Substance Properties - specifically, the batten parameters.

Is this expected, a problem with the substance, or a problem with the plug-in?  Should all parameters in a substance be available through the MODO plug-in (if not now, but in 801's plug-in when it's available)?

EDIT : I tried baking my textures out and loading into modo, but 701 SP5 is crashing for this dataset when I try to bring in textures.  I saw a similar issue when I tried to bring in additional .lxo files into this model - I had to delete all substances from the shader tree.

Hello,

Are you using wood013_maple.sbsar? I loaded wood013_maple and all of the parameters were visible. I had controls for batten parameters.

Could you send me the scenes so I can test the crash?

wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Wes,

I just tried a clean scene (cube primitive) in 701SP5 and, you're absolutely right, it brought in the substance with all of the parameters.  I'll keep investigating it.

I'll also see whether I can provide a model that clearly crashes because substances are in a secondary loaded model.  I crash 701SP5 on file load quite easily.

Thanks!
Mark
Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 07:24:30 am