Author Topic: MacOs B2M Problem  (Read 9514 times)

I get the same issue as well in both Player and B2M (did the CyberMonday upgrade from Designer to the suite), it appears to be the tabs themselves.  I've tried switching engines and nothing works.  I didn't have Dwell Control enabled so that doesn't cause the issue.  The work around for me is turning off ALL but 2 outputs which then creates only two tabs.  Seems to be anything above 2 tabs, no matter the output type it bombs and crashes.  Painter and Design work fine.

Sierra 10.12.6
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
4 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4 GB

Same problem here. Strangely enough, B2M3 works fine on my MacBook Pro 2017, only on my iMac I have problems. The first two tabs can be displayed, but B2M3 crashes as soon as you click on the third tab.

It has something to do with the tabs, not with the maps shown, because if you e. g. deselect "Base Color" and "Roughness" in the options, you will see "Metallic" and "Normal" in the first two tabs, but as soon as you select "Height" (this is the third tab), the program will crash.

macOS 10.13.1 (17B1003) High Sierra
iMac13,2 (iMac late 2012)
Intel Core i7 @ 3,4 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX

Hi all,

I reproduce the same crash as @geppyp when activating Dwell control in Accessibility options.
Can you all test to disable this option and tell me if it changes something for you ?

I already contacted @kinetikmedia by PM to ask him more details because Dwell control is not the cause of his problem.
UPDATE : Kinetikmedia found a conflict between B2M/ Player and Magnet/Popclip. Can you all check if you have this softwares installed ? 

The callstack of the crash posted by geppyp seems to show an issue with accessibility options.
If you still have the same issue after disabling Dwell Control or if it's not enable for you, please check if you have any other option enable regarding keyboard, mouse and trackpad, etc... 

None of you have the same hardware configuration and the problem happens on El capitan, Sierra and High Sierra so it's probably not OS or hardware dependent, you possibly all use an option not enable by default on Mac.
If you think about anything you changed or use on your mac, please tell me (even if it's not related to accessibility ! )

@ozone as you have two mac and one on which B2M works, it would be really nice if you could test this ! :)

How to check Accessibility Dwell control settings :

- go into system preferences
- click on Accessibility (highlighted in red on the following picture)

- scroll down into the left panel until you find Dwell Control
- click on it and check if the option is enable or not (see picture below)

Thanks !
Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 10:32:50 am
QA Analyst

Hi Celine Dameron,

thank you for your help. In my case it was really the software Magnet. As soon as I closed Magnet, B2M didn't crash anymore. The same goes for PopClip. However, you don't have to close PopClip completely, it's enough to insert B2M in the excluded apps (see image. Sorry for German interface ;))

Hi Ozone,

Thanks for the tip !
I'm sure it will be useful for lot of Mac users :)
QA Analyst

So on my external (ssd 64 giga) OS running the same Mac High Sierra 10.13 both B2M and PLAYER are working. I don't have magnet though nor dwell control. but on the on the other hand on my internal main OS its not. I did have magnet on but quitting it did not help and also I don't have dwell control option.
It happened the same as before with Sierra. on my external OS was working but not on my internal.
they both had a fresh boot recently upgrading with high Sierra.
I obviously don't have the same apps on the both OSs but I keep my settings the same. if something else comes to my mind I will let you know

For me, the culprit was "Default FolderX". Hope it helps
cheers

Hi Celine Dameron,

thank you for your help. In my case it was really the software Magnet. As soon as I closed Magnet, B2M didn't crash anymore. The same goes for PopClip. However, you don't have to close PopClip completely, it's enough to insert B2M in the excluded apps (see image. Sorry for German interface ;))

After the new os update I can confirm that quitting Magnet did the trick. It did not work before though

For me, the culprit was "Default FolderX". Hope it helps
cheers

This hasn't worked for me

Thanks for the Help.

For me the problem was "Better Touch Tool", which i use to add middle click to my Macigmouse on iMac.

I just disabled B2M in the Better Touch Tool app preferences and now it works fine.

I can confirm this problem on high Sierra with default folder and cinch as well. This is with the trial. Will buy once these issues are solved :)

Ah, yes, I have Default Folder X as well. When I disable it, B2M runs fine. Which is kind of annoying...
Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 04:19:34 pm

Hi Everyone Same Problem here, anyone has figure out how to solve it? I really can't use B2M at all, as soon as I click one of the tabs it crash. I attach the log of the crash report. Please I need help to use B2M.

Thanks!

Hi Juanlalupa,

the file you sent confirm that there is something in conflict with B2M.
Scroll to the top of this page, I posted instructions regarding options activated in Accessibility that prevent B2M to be launched.
If it's not the problem, users posted other softwares which cause a crash at launch :
- better touch tool
- default folder X
- Magnet
- popclip
QA Analyst

Hi,

I had the same problem with B2M. In my case, I had two apps that caused the problem: PopClip and BetterSnapTool. Fortunately, both apps could be disabled while using B2M and all the other Substance apps. Thanks for your help.  :)