Author Topic: How to deal with the texture seam between different texturesets?  (Read 2925 times)

For example, I separate the head and the Body of a character to two different texture sets, then a seam will appear on the neck when I paint there.

Is there a solution to get rid of the seam?

There is no easy solution right now, we are working on it.

I see. thank you for the reply.

You can re-do the uv unwrap.  For organics, like a humanoid character, you can "hide" seams by selectively cutting or placing the seams where they won't be generally noticed unless the end user zooms in into those areas.

So for you example, instead of a seam around the neck I'd place it behind the head and under the chin where hopefully it will also be covered by costume or clothing mesh or hair or head covering like a hat.

You can re-do the uv unwrap.  For organics, like a humanoid character, you can "hide" seams by selectively cutting or placing the seams where they won't be generally noticed unless the end user zooms in into those areas.

So for you example, instead of a seam around the neck I'd place it behind the head and under the chin where hopefully it will also be covered by costume or clothing mesh or hair or head covering like a hat.

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, in this model the seam could be hardly noticed unless been looked at a very close distance. But as the one who made it, I feel very uncomfortable when I thaught there is a seam on it :'(.
The only way I could imagine to totally get rid of this seam is to paint the color directly on to the high-polymesh in zbrush, but then I can't use the awesome tools in painter.
I noticed that in some high end games(e.g. Conan Exiles) they also have the same problem. So I just hope allegorithmic could give a solution in the future soon.

Try to keep the seam along the spine imaginary line in continuty with the head... and put that orizontal seam in the lower zone of the neck.. so if you wear your character it will be far less noticeable; or try to keep the neck in the same head texture set