Author Topic: iray causing Substance Painter 2.6.1 to crash  (Read 1162 times)

PC Specs

OS - Windows 10
CPU - Intel Core i5-7600k
RAM - 32 GB
GPU - GeForce GTX 1070

Recently iray has been crashing almost immediately after starting up. I've used iray to render two different models without any problems, and now I'm not able to open iray with either of the models/files without it crashing Substance Painter. Again, very strange seeing as I was able to use iray with the same models previously.

Any suggestions or fixes?

Thank you.

You aren't the only one to have problems.

I'm on an iMac (2016 model) and regularly Iray crashes whenever I try to go into Rendering mode.  The only constant seems to be OBJs exported from Blender in my case.  I've been assuming that it's been a fault of the model itself but now I'm not so sure.  Some models crash, others don't.  It's been driving me crazy, and it's not as if my models are all that complicated.

Wish I could just gut Iray out of Substance Painter and put in something else.  Maybe even Prorender given that my graphics subsystems have been Radeon-based even when ATI was an independent company.  We can dream.

My next step is waiting for my Ryzen linux box to download Substance Painter and try it on that machine as it (very temporarily) has an nVidia card in it.  Copy the file over and then see.

PC Specs

OS - Windows 10
CPU - Intel Core i5-7600k
RAM - 32 GB
GPU - GeForce GTX 1070

Recently iray has been crashing almost immediately after starting up. I've used iray to render two different models without any problems, and now I'm not able to open iray with either of the models/files without it crashing Substance Painter. Again, very strange seeing as I was able to use iray with the same models previously.

Any suggestions or fixes?

Thank you.

Can you try to revert to older GPU drivers ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.

I am out of the country for a couple more weeks. but I will give that a try when I get back.

Thank you.