Author Topic: Modo11.0v3 / 11.1RC0 - Normalmap, doesn't display correctly in viewport.  (Read 2434 times)

In the render preview and the advanced viewport on Modo 11.1 RC0, it looks like the tangent vectors are not supported the same way

in modo

in Substance Designer 6.0.4

Have you tested that Wes ?

Hi Smoluck.

I'm a bit late to the party on this one, but thought it might still be worth responding in case anyone else encounters similar problems. This could be related to the selected format of the normal map. Make sure it is set to "OpenGL" instead of "DirectX" prior to export from SP. Hope that helps.
Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 01:30:46 pm
WS: Win10 / Intel i7 6950X 10 core / 20 threads 3.0GHz, OC @ 4.2GHz / Titan X 12GB GFX / Intel 750 Series 1.2TB NVMe (Primary HDD) / Intel 750 Series 800GB NVMe (Cache) / 64GB DDR4 Ram

Hi,

It looks like the normal is inverted. Stock substances like those from Substance Source all have a flag for the normal and it can be set to OGL or DX orientation. On this custom substance, you have to Invert the Green channel on the normal texture. I will ask the devs about doing this automatically in a future update.

Cheers,
Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja