Author Topic: Octane for Modo PBR preset curiosity  (Read 2504 times)

Big thanks to whoever worked on the Substance PBR preset for Octane and Modo.

I was wondering why the Normal input is only hooked up to the Metallic material and not the Dielectric material too?

Presumably the idea is users connect it when needed. If so, it might be worth adding that to the documentation for newbies. Caused a bit of head scratching this afternoon.

The Normal input doesn't appear to be connected to anything in the Live DB Substance material by default in Octane either. Presumably for the same reason, or maybe I'm missing something completely obvious?

Big thanks to whoever worked on the Substance PBR preset for Octane and Modo.

I was wondering why the Normal input is only hooked up to the Metallic material and not the Dielectric material too?

Presumably the idea is users connect it when needed. If so, it might be worth adding that to the documentation for newbies. Caused a bit of head scratching this afternoon.

The Normal input doesn't appear to be connected to anything in the Live DB Substance material by default in Octane either. Presumably for the same reason, or maybe I'm missing something completely obvious?

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up. I think it was just a mistake on my part. I made the modo preset and I built it based on the material in the LiveDB. I'll take a look.

Thanks!

Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja