Author Topic: General question -Levels adjustment  (Read 1049 times)

Hey, so i came a long one problem. In our studiou we use very specific PBR texture workflow. I try to mimic that style som we can switch to substance painter. While doing this I found out that level adjustment in Substance painter are way different than Photoshops one. DOnt know why but Painter have overal very sharp and harsh  adjustments filters. Is there a way to get the same level adjustments like in Photoshop? Thanks

Still looking for an naswer ..thanks

Hi,

I am definitely no expert at SP, pretty new to it actually lol. It looks like you are exporting with padding so that it fills the whole map.

https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Padding

I could be wrong, just what it looks like to me. It's an option when exporting.

Hi,

I am definitely no expert at SP, pretty new to it actually lol. It looks like you are exporting with padding so that it fills the whole map.

https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Padding

I could be wrong, just what it looks like to me. It's an option when exporting.

Thanks for interest in my thread but you are way of from what i was acutally talking. I know one pic has pading one not ..but mine concern was that all filters mailny levels works diferent than in photoshop ..so try for your self ...just put for example ambient occlusion in layers and adjust it with levels and do the same in Photoshop ..you will notice big difference. Substance Painter "levels" are not that smooth-transition between black and white ... you can see this on those two pictures I uploaded. Anyway thx for keeping this thread atelast alive ..

It would help if you could illustrate a bit better the issue.
Right now it is hard to follow.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.

I can see what you mean on your screenshots, the grayscale transition in Painter is harsh compared to the one in Photoshop (area around those oval shapes in the lower parts of the screenshots). Did you set the exact same values in the adjustment sliders in both Photoshop and Painter?

I will test this myself later today when I'm at home.
Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 06:04:26 pm