Author Topic: Is it possible to use your own textures when painting?  (Read 1877 times)

Is it possible to import your own textures and create your own materials to paint with. I tried the latest demo and all I can do is paint with other peoples materials that come preinstalled. I would like to load the app, drag in tiling diffuse/roughness/metalness, then save a material that I can then use to paint with, is that possible?

You can use your own inputs, you have to import them through the File menu first. They will appear in the shelf window and you can drag and drop them to your brush Material settings to create new brushes and materials.
Right click in an empty part of the Tool properties to save it to the library.

I pulled in a texture I wanted to use however if I drop it on top of the material/diffuse area it indeed replaced the current texture.  But, how do I control scaling/repeating at that point.  Does it only accept a texture input and that is it?   

Also, Is there a way to paint with the texture as a paint through or stencil?

Thanks!

Bryant

Ok I think I see.  I created a new layer and dropped the image in and now its ready to paint with that diffuse input.  Is there a way to disconnect the brush zing changes with the sizing on the texture to be painted?  Example: using bracket keys to make brush stroke larger does not scale the size of the texture?

-Bryant 

You can use your own inputs, you have to import them through the File menu first. They will appear in the shelf window and you can drag and drop them to your brush Material settings to create new brushes and materials.
Right click in an empty part of the Tool properties to save it to the library.
Will the texture/mask/etc get embedded and saved out with the tool, or does it link to the file you pulled in (ie will the saved tool still work if the file you imported is moved/deleted)?

It's embedded.

Excellent. Thanks!