Author Topic: How to move substance to another scene?  (Read 2651 times)

If I try transferring an object to another scene to move my tweaked substance, Modo crashes and there doesn't appear to be a way to save the tweaked substance.

Please don't tell me I have to manually re-enter all of my tweaks?

If I try transferring an object to another scene to move my tweaked substance, Modo crashes and there doesn't appear to be a way to save the tweaked substance.

Please don't tell me I have to manually re-enter all of my tweaks?

Hi,

You can use Substance Presets to save and load preset files. This way you don't have to manually enter the values. I'm not sure I understand what you are doing to transfer the tweaked substance. Are you just dragging and dropping the substance between open scenes? I am getting a crash doing this and will file it as a bug.

Cheers,
wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi,

You can use Substance Presets to save and load preset files. This way you don't have to manually enter the values. I'm not sure I understand what you are doing to transfer the tweaked substance. Are you just dragging and dropping the substance between open scenes? I am getting a crash doing this and will file it as a bug.

Cheers,
wes

Thanks Wes,

I didn't think to click the "Load presets" button to find the save function.

Yes, the crash I experience is when dragging and dropping an item from one scene to another.

Hi,

Cheers,
wes

Thanks Wes,

I didn't think to click the "Load presets" button to find the save function.

Yes, the crash I experience is when dragging and dropping an item from one scene to another.

Let me know if you have any issues with the presets. I filed a bug report for the crash you are getting moving a substance between scenes.

Cheers,
wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja