Author Topic: Mesh not showing in 2D or 3D view  (Read 3596 times)

So I'm very new to substance painter, and I have no clue what I'm doing but I(of course) know how to use the file explorer in substance painter. I go find my .fbx file and open it in the software, but when I open the file the mesh doesn't show.            
No matter what file type I use(whether I use the original .blend or exported 3ds files) the mesh will not show, and there's different red texts in the log area for the different file types. For example, when i use the original .blend file, the red text says "[Scene 3D] Failed to load 3D scene.
repeat points"
Can anyone help me out? And yes, my mesh is UV unwrapped.

Double check your fbx export settings.  Also there's more than 1 fbx versions out there. 2013 works for me in SP.

Where did you do your uv unwrap?  i'm suspecting the error is in the fbx exports you're suing.  Either the uv's are missing somehow or something's not exporting (due to settings).

Hopefully you can resolve it soon. Good luck!

Double check your fbx export settings.  Also there's more than 1 fbx versions out there. 2013 works for me in SP.

Where did you do your uv unwrap?  i'm suspecting the error is in the fbx exports you're suing.  Either the uv's are missing somehow or something's not exporting (due to settings).

Hopefully you can resolve it soon. Good luck!
I got it fixed, for some reason I had an extra mesh in another layer without UV's and that was preventing the scene from loading.