Author Topic: How do you delete disabled texture sets from previously imported mesh  (Read 7000 times)

Hi,
I have imported a mesh multiple times after a few changes and everytime i import that mesh it creates a new name according to the name of my 3d application  now in substance painter i have two useless disabled texture sets in my textureset list how do i remove them? 

Thanks

The next update will allow you to delete them.

The workaround before the update (my version is 2.6.1) is go to edit > project configuration > select updated project mesh file with unused textures sets or materials already deleted.

There's also file > clean but I haven't used that yet and I don't know if that will delete the texture sets.

Hi, I'm currently working on an "Archive" plugin for Painter projects.
Basically, it looks for all Baked images in a project in order to delete them.
The plugin would then change all texture set settings to 128*128; This way I'm able to reduce a file of 1.5Gb to 30Mb.

The only problem is that there seems to be no way of deleting resources with the Painter SDK; you can list them, reassign them and that's it.

Is it a choice from the dev team or maybe the methods are not documented in the API doc?

I use 2017.3.3. How can I delete them?
Ufuk Coban
Unity 3D, Modo, Imac, MBP

Yes, Click on the Settings button in the texture set lists and on Manage Texture Sets. You will then be able to delete unused texture set in this dialog.

Yes, Click on the Settings button in the texture set lists and on Manage Texture Sets. You will then be able to delete unused texture set in this dialog.

Thanks. I have no menu item like Manage Texture Sets. I could delete it from the menu item Reassign Texture Sets in the same menu.
Ufuk Coban
Unity 3D, Modo, Imac, MBP

file> clean, works perfectly

I don't have any Manage texture sets menu neither .. and file clean didn't work out.. how can I delete the sets that I don't want to include?

As atmuc suggested:
Thanks. I have no menu item like Manage Texture Sets. I could delete it from the menu item Reassign Texture Sets in the same menu.